Saturday, November 6

house revised

Here are some before and after shots from the painting/other stuff I've done to the house I rent over the past year. I haven't wanted to do anything too expensive (since it's not actually my house), but I think some new paint and a few other changes have made a big difference!

Before: Front Room (pretty hideous orange and yellow rag painted)


After: Front Room (nice soft brown, and has now been turned into an office--perhaps photos of that to come later)


Before: Living Room (red & brown & blue--my initial palate: way too dark)


After: Living Room (nice peaceful blue & tan)


Before: back porch (just a rocking chair and my posters along with a not fitting carpet)


After: added some actual carpet (an extra square from my parents' house) cut to size and some chairs and a table


Before: no baseboard trim (this one's hard to see since I had already painted the trim-less area white and stuck some shoes in front of it so it wouldn't be so obvious)


After: plus baseboard trim (much better)


Before: I don't have a real before photo/ just a paint comparison, but the bathroom was once entirely the awful pink that makes up half this photo


After: Soft Brown (plus some green rugs and a new hanging lamp.)

1 comment:

H. Brown said...

i love this! better and more photos than facebook. you've done so much great work, beth. environment makes all the difference!