Sunday, November 18

Grading...blahh...

I have officially been watching too many construction shows. I was at my cousins' house tonight--my cousin (well, my dad's cousin), Doug happens to be a pretty notable kitchen architect. Well, as I was sitting at his counter, I was realizing he used marble tile instead of a marble slab; he had all stainless steel appliances, but no dishwarmer/ wine bar. I kept hearing these ridiculous lines in my head (lines from these shows) lines like, "Marble is a good choice, but you should have gone with the slab." What the heck do I know about kitchens?!

In other news, I'm struggling to balance massive amounts of grading with having a life; these things don't seem to be working well. I'm either totally avoiding my work or I have no time to write, read, jog.... I tried just handing half the papers back the other day and my students were horrified. I think they have the sense that I do (or should) have no life other than teaching, which thankfully, hopefully, won't become the case.

I also (in all that extra time--while I was grading, really) watched this great movie with Leonardo DiCaprio in it. I didn't know that was possible--but it was called the man in the iron mask. It made me want to become a musketeer, for about, oh, ten minutes. I thought about running around my room shouting, "All for one and one for all" but then I remembered I have neighbors and sat down.

2 comments:

grubekl said...

Man in the Iron Mask?! Gotta love it - John Malcovich is terrible in that movie though....just terrible.

Anonymous said...

hey that's a pretty good movie