Tuesday, November 13

food




I'm a terrible cook.

(this is not my food. it's my friend beth byerly's cus-cus. If only this is what my cooking looked like.)

I sincerely hope that this is just because I have moved to Colorado and haven't quite figured out the altitude thing, but I'm beginning to doubt myself. (So much so that I've penciled cooking shows into my planner...who does that?!)

Thus far, I have ruined three batches of cookies (both chocolate chip and sugar), an attempt at an indian curry, chicken and a pasta dish. It's been disastrous. My mom came to visit me last week and it was the first time I ate well in, oh, two months.

I can never remember if I'm supposed to add more water or less water or more time, or whatnot. I talked with my friend Anna, who is a good cook, about this last week (revealed my awful little secret), and she assured me that cookies, especially, are finicky.

But, is everything finicky, I wonder, as I waste away...

No comments: