Wednesday, November 14

chicago



It's about that time in the year where I absolutely miss the city ("the" city being chicago.) Of course, I miss my friends and life in Wheaton like crazy. That goes without saying (though I just said it.) But I'm beginning to get a little dopey and nostalgic for chicago. I just met up with a friend from the Springs, in Denver this weekend, which was great, but she mentioned something about wanting to move to New York and said some line like, "Sometimes I just really want to walk in the shadows of buildings." It's true; I miss tall buildings, and culture (other than cowboy culture), and the cubs and especially, lately, the coffeeshops. I have this strange recurring feeling that if I could just find one decent coffeeshop here, I would be making it, or a lot better, at least.

1 comment:

grubekl said...

Brad and I are about due for another move, and I've been thinking a lot about Chicago lately. I've only been there twice, so I don't have a great feel for it, but I'm curious as to how it compares to Minneapolis/St. Paul. What are your thoughts?