Well, I'm still running, slowly. The good news is I finally charted my running route and realized that what I thought was a half mile was actually a mile; so I've been doing some combination of jogging/walking a mile-and-a-half a few times per week.
I need to get into an every day routine or at least almost-every-day routine soon, because I feel super sore the next time I run after taking a day off.
A mile and a half is really not very far at all; it shouldn't be that hard to get motivated to get outside for twenty minutes or so, but oh it is--I think the problem is two fold. First, I'm busy (not too busy to run...but there's always something that seems more important.) Second, I'm still not adjusted to running such short distances. When I used to run, I was clocking 25-40 miles most weeks. Now I'm clocking about 5...I just can't get anywhere interesting in that amount of time/space. It doesn't feel long enough to actually be worth it.
Alas, I've got to start somewhere. I'm trying to remind myself of that; I can't do an eight or ten mile run until I've done a three and five mile run first.
Slow and steady, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment