Wednesday, September 1

running. again.

I'm finally after a two-year break, feeling up to running again. I'm still on some fatigue medicine (and really thankful for it), but I've been needing it less these past couple months and even did some hiking when I was in Norway.

Two weeks ago, I decided it was finally time to break out the old running shoes again and give it a go. In all, I probably ran about a half mile. Not so impressive compared my old days of 20 mile runs. But I've repeated that half mile three times this week and am hoping to go out again today, maybe for 3/4.

It's a little crazy; I think some of my muscles atrophied. Hiking, running, doing anything really, my legs ache. But I'm determined to press through. My old running partner, Dana, has suggested we pair up again and run a marathon next fall. It's an insane idea--going from zero activity to a marathon, but it's a good goal for me to work towards. I have a hard time running unless I'm working up to something. So, we'll see if a marathon can happen. For now, I'm hoping to work my way up to 5 mile runs by the end of this fall.

No comments: