Saturday, May 10

update: marathon training, week one

so, the first half of week one of running went awesome (all this is relative, of course--remember i haven't run at all in about a year.) well, i made it 14 miles between monday and wednesday, which was awesome as I was only trying to run 16 this week.

but then, the second half of the week: no running at all. i actually had a sort of disastrous week (or adventurous, perhaps...thanks for the perspective kg.). my apartment situation got very complicated, I found out that I should have had a thesis committee all set up two months ago (who knew?). Also, it turns out the internship I'm doing doesn't fulfill the necessary university requirements-so I have to do another one- and finally, I had a $1000 school grant and a next-week trip to see a dear friend fall through at the last second. yikes! what a week.

there is an upside to all of this: it all happened the week before summer. knowing i will be, in approximately four days, home free somehow makes it seem much less stressful. this is why i love the school life: summers.

hopefully my summer running will be glorious, and i'll get lots of chances to see all of you, my friends.

1 comment:

Becca H said...

Have you decided where you'll be living this summer? I'm impressed with your pace of life, Beth. Keep up the good marathon training. I think you should stay in FoCo. What do you think?