I've been thinking a lot about what to write my thesis on next year. I have three ideas right now: the Flambeau River in Wisconsin, Norway or Latvia (some sort of travel writing, perhaps) and the charismatic church. The third one is of particular interest to me, lately--and certainly my most bizarre idea, though I have no idea how I'd go about writing about it. Regardless, some very interesting stuff has been going on (i.e. a huge revival in this sector of the church, in Lakeland, Florida.) People are filling up this huge stadium in Florida and all these people are getting healed. Last week, they say a three year old girl was raised from the dead at one of these meetings....absolutely insane. Anyway, in case any of you find this equally intriguing, there's live streaming video of the whole revival. Check it out:
Lakeland Revival
Girl raised from Dead
4 comments:
ooh, do it on the charismatic church --- i am very curious about what you think. (and tie in latvia somehow too -- that way i'm not so torn) ;)
I'd be very interested to see how this would turn out. An interesting note to all this bizareness: Can a spiritual man, such as the man portrayed in the videos get away with blurting out "Oh my God, Oh my God". Yes, I am cynical - I don't believe it was a call out to God. Another interesting point: I like how he is selling his products right off to the side of it. Selling....hmmm.
Addendum: he uses God's name in vain quite a few times - I don't buy him. Perhaps it's the medium of the internet, but this just seems rather hokey to me.
Post a Comment