Monday, December 31

top ten outside places so far

I was reminiscing about one of my favorite places today and thinking...man...if only I was there. So, alas, today's post: a top ten list of the best outdoors places I've been (and can remember while sitting here). these are in no specific order. perhaps I'll list the best city places another day. (I do realize that these categories aren't entirely separate.) But, here's a start:

1. Interstate Park, Minnesota--on top of the bluff, overlooking the river...sitting on the rocky ledge


2. Flambeau River, Wisconsin--Cedar Rapids, the island, early morning mist


3. Skjolden, Norway--dirt path leading down from Sengjaberget overlook


4. Porcupine Mountains, Michigan--Escarpment Trail(?)--incredible pines, sweet views of hundreds of miles of forest



5.Lake Superior, summer, in a kayak.




6. Mount Fanaraken, Norway--rocky top, white rocks everywhere


7. Chippewa Trail, Eau Claire, WI--in fall, leaves all over the ground, ten miles out, running


8. Garden of the gods, Colorado Springs, CO--hiking through the red rocks on the less-traveled trails


9.River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN--again, running. also wins prize of most painful place



10.Letchworth State Park, NY

No comments: