Thursday, June 23

backyard




















This seems to be the year of the yard. Before this year, I very much enjoyed working inside my house but had no interest in doing anything outside. Actually, I kind of thought the obsessed-with-lawns people (like my dad!) were a bit crazy. And now, I've become one of them!

As I started working out in my yard, I realized I really like doing yard work; there's something so satisfying about it, probably especially because of just how horrible my yard looked before I started. I should have taken before photos (scroll down if you want to see a couple of the hip-high grass.) But, here's some after photos of the backyard now that everything's been weeded, mowed, trimmed and lots of plants have been ripped out. Also, you'll see a lonely looking garden; that's because that garden had 3-4 foot high weeds covering it & lots of snakes; yikes! Getting that chopped down was dicey, to say the least. Perhaps one of these days I'll plant some real plants in there.

Oh and the final image is of the last section of my lawn that still needs some love. (And yes: those are rain barrels, but unfortunately they're not in use just yet!) Next up: an ever exciting de-weed-if-y my gravel driveway adventure! Any weed-killing advice anyone? It's bad!

No comments: