Monday, June 2

norway & latvia & running



First, I've been sheepish about posting a marathon running update, as I've hardly been running. But, the good news is that the marathon crew has grown--a bunch of us are now running, and this is, at least, making me motivated to think about training. Which hopefully will encourage me to train.

But the other exciting (I hope!) news is that I will be returning to Norway and Latvia for the third time. I'm meeting up with some of the same people and going some of the same places as before--but also hoping to do a bit of my own thing, this time around. I'd like to get in some writing as well. All this to say, I fly there in two weeks. Unreal. The above photos are some that I took last time.

I'm looking forward to N & L though Latvia has typically been a bit harder for me--actually, my first time in Latvia I got so sick I thought I was going to die (I didn't) and then last year I came back with large very ubiquitous bites on my legs. But I love my friends there and am eager to see them.

In other good news, I just got back from buying a tent (to bring along) at walmart for $17. I can't imagine this will be a great tent (my real tent cost much more than 17), but I'm pretty happy. It weighs 3.1 pounds, whereas my real tent ways like 8 pounds or maybe 12. I also ran into one of my favorite friends from high school while on my tent buying adventure--Matt Goodman. Tents, friends, trips--what more do you need?

1 comment:

Becca H said...

i'm interested to know what's new, bethy p.