Saturday, February 2

stuck in laramie

(photo courtesy of internet)
So it's official; I had my first snowstorm out here (well...my first snowstorm bad enough where I had to stay at school overnight.) I actually had to stay two nights. Essentially, when the weather gets bad (and it does get bad here) they just close the entire highway. So, this week, for two-and-a-half days, they closed both highways that come into Laramie (the only way in and out).

Of course, I would much prefer this to say, being stuck in an avalanche or snowstorm in the mountains (I got stuck in a snowstorm once already.) I still don't understand the physics of why weather is so much worse when you're higher...though I bet it has something to do with being closer to the clouds.

There's this other guy here (George) that commutes to Laramie from Casper (3 hours away) and he sleeps in his truck every night in Laramie...I guess that's sort of unrelated, but I think he's crazy.

Anyway, I guess that's it for exciting news right now.

1 comment:

The Goodfellas said...

TAG -- YOU'RE IT!
go to my blog to see the rules. :-)