Friday, September 2

more painting.

When I first moved to Missouri and began looking for a rental place, I realized I was either going to find somewhere that was done up really nicely and cost 800-950 or so a month or I was going to find a place that was done up less nicely, but closer to 550-750. (These seem to be the price ranges for rentals around here.)

I decided to go cheap & invest a little money every year in fixing my rental up. I hate pouring money into a rental, but it seemed like the best compromise. I got a great little house, but one that had horrible paint jobs and needed a few other easy-ish fixes.

All this to say, I'm finally done! My friend Becca came this summer and graciously helped me paint my living room (which was various different blues on different walls) morning breeze (which looked florescent) & then the very nice pale sky! And that looked so glorious, I also finally got around to painting my kitchen (from a very bright school bus yellow to a softer buttery yellow.) I also rearranged my office for about the seventh time so I finally feel like I can work in that room. Maybe I'll post a photo of that another time, but here are the kitchen and living room. (So much more peaceful! Hooray!) This means every room in the house has now been painted.

(These photos are iphone photos so they're not the best. I'll switch in some from my real camera once I have time to charge it.)


New Kitchen:


New Kitchen:


New Living Room

No comments: