Thursday, January 6

home design fest

Lately I've been really into home design and suddenly discovered all sorts of great websites/blogs that feature renovations. Also, it's good I don't get HDTV in Missouri, otherwise, I'd get absolutely no work done (and spend even more money on my little rental house!) I really love doing house renovation, though, and have for awhile. (I did it part-time for a job when I lived in Chicago.) Something about seeing a space transform so quickly. I continually have to remind myself I don't own my Missouri house, or I'd be taking out walls left and right (well, actually, considering there are only four rooms, only about two walls.) But: it's easy for me to buy lots of house stuff/spend lots of time thinking about ways to make my house more cozy/paint colors that would change this or that room/new layouts for furniture etc. I find working around the house very relaxing and such a nice break from thinking/thinking/thinking!

Anyway, if you have the home renovation bug like me, here are some of my favs:
Young House Love
At Home Alterations (an acquaintance from college, Mike)
Adventures in Renovating a Brooklyn Limestone
Life at the Chateau Whitman
Apartment Therapy

2 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for the shout out!! It's been forever, and it looks like you've been everywhere since :)

B said...

hey mike! i love your blog! it's terrific!